About Transcription Service
In many cases, audio files of native speakers can be difficult to understand for non-speakers, even if they know the language. The difficulty lies in the unique pronunciation, rules, and features that each language possesses. Therefore, at TRANSTEC, we offer Transcription services, where we transcribe the audio files into written text to make it easier for the listener to understand the dialogue or content. By transcribing the text into a separate file, the recipient can read what the speaker is saying and fully comprehend the audio content. Our Transcription services include recorded audio clips from conferences, meetings, conversations, research studies, and commercial or marketing purposes.
We offer voiceover services that cater to any of the following purposes:
- Advertising purposes
- Commercial purposes
- Research purposes
- Academic purposes
Our qualified and experienced voiceover specialists provide a verbal rendition of the written material that complements the visual content, creating a beautiful audiovisual experience and achieving the intended purpose of the work. The importance of voiceover lies in the ability to provide sound effects that give meaning to the visual content, making it easier to understand and achieve the desired impact. This differs from simply writing phrases in terms of the visual content, as the voiceover can have a much greater impact on the listener's ear, convincing and influencing them and making the purpose much closer than just putting words on images or audio clips. At TRANSTEC, we provide voiceover services based on the intended purpose of the recorded video and written text to achieve the artistic goal.
Basic skills of transcription
Transcription is the process of converting audio or video recordings into written or typed text. The basic skills required for transcription include:
- Language Skills: A transcriptionist should have excellent language skills in both the source language and the target language. They should be able to understand the nuances of the language, idioms, and cultural references, and translate them accurately to ensure that the transcription is easy to understand.
- Typing Skills: A transcriptionist should have excellent typing skills and be able to type quickly and accurately. They should be able to type at least 50-60 words per minute.
- Listening Skills: A transcriptionist should have excellent listening skills and be able to hear and understand the audio content clearly, even in cases where there is background noise or the speaker has a different accent.
- Attention to Detail: Transcription requires a high level of attention to detail, as even minor errors can change the meaning of the text. A transcriptionist should be able to accurately transcribe the audio content, including punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Time Management: Transcription requires excellent time management skills, as the transcriptionist needs to complete the transcription within a specific timeframe. They should be able to work quickly and efficiently to ensure that the transcription is delivered on time.
- Technical Skills: A transcriptionist should have a good understanding of audio recording and editing software, as well as basic computer skills. They should be able to use software tools to enhance the audio quality and remove background noise.
- Confidentiality: Transcriptionists should maintain confidentiality of the audio content and ensure that the transcription is not shared with anyone who is not authorized to view it.
Transcription requires a combination of language skills, typing skills, listening skills, attention to detail, time management, technical skills, and confidentiality. A transcriptionist should be able to work quickly and efficiently while maintaining the highest levels of accuracy and quality.
Your most asked queries
are answered by Our Experts
We are happy to answer your question. If you require any further information, feel free to contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.